When a vehicle requires complex repair processes to remedy damages sustained en route, it is possible the repairer may not identify the most cost effective way to complete the repair.
Our Engineering service is provided by our sister company, Contior Automotive Assessors. Click here to find out more about Contior.
Engineering involves the thorough review of repair estimates submitted by repairers / dealerships to identify opportunities to reduce the repair costs by amending estimates and agreeing more appropriate repair methods. We do this whilst at all times maintaining our commitment to the manufacturers’ approved repair processes and new vehicle quality standards.
Contior’s Engineers are all proven experts in vehicle repair processes and new vehicle quality standards. We work with repairers to identify cost savings collaboratively and seek opportunities to educate repairers on the best repair processes to use.
Our service is generally delivered remotely from the desktop utilising photographs, videos and specialist estimating software. We also have the option to visit the repairer in person if required.
Examples of costs savings include:
- Identifying ways to repair, rather than replace broken parts or panels
- Encouraging the use of ‘smart’ repair processes such as cold dent repairs, polishing and brush touch ups
- Identifying examples where the need to blend painted panels into neighbouring ones is removed
- Ensuring correct part prices and discounts are applied
Contior's services is also able to dramatically reduce the timeframes associates with authorising the repairer to proceed. This minimises the delay a damage causes in delivering the vehicle to the final customer.
Our Engineering service can work in the following ways:
- For our current Manufacturer, Distributor or Insurer clients: As a ‘bolt-on’ to an existing Claims Management & Cost Recovery service
- For Manufacturers, Distributors or Insurers: As a stand-alone service to work in conjunction with your own claims management arrangements
- For Logistics Service Providers: As a stand-alone service to support your own processes to validate claims and your potential liability
The benefits of using us
- Sector leading experience, expertise and knowledge
- Multilingual validation capability
- Cost reduction through the identification of appropriate repair processes
- Improved dealer service; swift repair authorisation to minimise delays to the final customer
Contact us to find out more about how we can support you.